SPRING BREAK CAMPS
Full COVID protocols will be followed, for more details click here >>
Due to unpredictability of March weather, programming will be flexible to ensure safety and enjoyment for all participants.
Camps run Monday to Friday either in half days (1-4pm) or full days (9am-4pm).
When arriving for our programs please enter the Jericho Sailing Centre at the West beach gate, you can access it by walking to the waterfront side at the west end of the compound. We will have a temporary desk setup to greet you.
Because of the COVID-19 situation we have developed a renewed operations plan in order to offer some programming while limiting potential risks associated with COVID-19. Some details regarding our planning can be found using this link. Rest assured that we are working hard to follow all guidelines provided.
We will be following social distancing guidelines at all times. This means that unless you give consent for your child to be in the same boat with another child, they will sail on their own. If you give consent for your child to be paired with someone, they will maintain that partnership for the week and will only break social distancing guidelines with that one person. We hope to create ‘social bubbles’ to allow for improved programming when possible. Please respond to this email if you give consent for your child to be partnered with another child during the program.
What to bring to sailing lessons:
MacSailing will supply all students with lifejackets and wetsuits. Students should come prepared for the weather. Please bring a jacket, bathing suit, a towel, a change of clothes, soft soled shoes that will get wet, hat, and sunscreen. Remember, even on sunny days it can be cool out on the water, especially if you are wet. Please bring a reusable/cloth mask to wear when ashore (All visitors to the Sailing Center must wear masks). Please leave your valuables and electronic devices at home.
MacSailing Student Rules:
- Always listen to the instructors on land and on the water.
- Always wear an approved life jacket or PFD, even while on the beach.
- Stay with your boat at all times unless taken off by rescue boat.
- Avoid collisions with all other boats.
- Sail only in area designated by the instructor.
- Make sure the instructor checks your boat before leaving beach. If in doubt, Ask!
- New – Bring a reusable mask if you have one, keep it on when ashore
- New – Wash hands often and use sanitizer
- New – Maintain 2 meter distance from all non-same household participants
- New – If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, stay home